Solar hands free car kit doesn't charge in the car

Hello,

About 2 years ago I purchased a Bluetooth solar car-kit to use it when driving. I'm very satisfied with the sound quality and the quick automatic connectivity to my smartphone  BUT the battery needs to be charged very often (every 3-4 days). The solar panel is hopeless so I charge the car-kit by myself .
When I try to charge it in the car with the micro usb and a car charger, the car-kit would not charge so I must take it home and charge it there.

Hope someone can help
Thanks

These solar panels are always useless in anything but strong direct sunlight. Add a tinted (and reflective) windscreen plus the British weather and I'm not surprised your not getting much charge from it. You can get 3ft solar chargers for around £20-30 and I would have thought one of these is more what you'd be looking at to maintain a decent amperage all year round. 

As for the micro usb. Different device require different amp's before they charge. Some cars and cheaper adapters put out as little as 0.5A or less. This would struggle to charge any modern devices. 1A is the more common car standard but is still not always met and not enough for some devices that require upwards of 2.0A. Perhaps invest in a battery pack? I have 2 both of which have a 2A output that will charge a smartphone 5 times over. 

I'm from the sunny Israel , lack of sun is not the case :)

The panel should help charging ,it doesn't but that is not the main issue .

Maybe there is a problem in the car kit because I charge my smartphone in the car without any problem .

I'll check the ampere let out of my charger   

Nearly half of sunlight (46%) is UV that the windscreen will block.  Try using it outside the glass to see if it works OK then.  If it does, you might need a panel that's specifically designed to work behind glass.

95% of solar chargers use only the 7% visible light spectrum. Research is still taking place on the other 5% of panels which use IR, UV or all of the light spectrum. Its deffo the cheap panel and by the sounds of it a low ampere output charger. 

Good spot on the OP's location though! Missed that one.