A little advice please

Is it much of a job to clean up the inlet valves on a vrs leaving the head in situ,have seen people have done it just not exactly sure what is involved.Also how bad a job is it to change the aircon pump on a petrol vrs

Cheers:)

A lad at work had the "Teraclean" treatment on his golf gti & that worked a treat,cleaned all the crap out & improved throttle response & economy,as for the air con compressor ive not changed one on a octy but did plenty years ago when i worked for honda,easy enough job with the correct equipment. 

• Like 2

A lad at work had the "Teraclean" treatment on his golf gti & that worked a treat,cleaned all the crap out & improved throttle response & economy,as for the air con compressor ive not changed one on a octy but did plenty years ago when i worked for honda,easy enough job with the correct equipment.

Thanks Mikey,our car is crap on fuel but tbf never gets a good run out so was gonna try and clean the engine a little,and need to get the aircon sorted by summer

Short local journeys where the car doesnt warm up will never return good mpg,you need to get your missus a push bike for work!  :rofl:  If i go from my work to the doc's or tesco's in the village my mpg is a indicated 25mpg yet on my daily comute im seeing 36/37mpg easily.

Edited by mikey vrs
  • Like 1

Short local journeys where the car doesnt warm up will never return good mpg,you need to get your missus a push bike for work!  :rofl:  If i go from my work to the doc's or tesco's in the village my mpg is a indicated 25mpg yet on my daily comute im seeing 36/37mpg easily.

I dont expect much more than 25mpg anyway mikey but i thought a bit of a decoke mite sort the car out for another 2/3 years we will probably keep it

It's a PITA to clean the inlet valves. You need to remove the inlet manifold and manually clean them with carb cleaner and a tooth pick or similar. You may need a set of injector seals too if the injectors come out with the manifold.

I run some white spirit through the inlet temp sensor hole every so often. I had good results doing this as the before and after bore scope pics showed.

• Like 1

It's a PITA to clean the inlet valves. You need to remove the inlet manifold and manually clean them with carb cleaner and a tooth pick or similar. You may need a set of injector seals too if the injectors come out with the manifold.

I run some white spirit through the inlet temp sensor hole every so often. I had good results doing this as the before and after bore scope pics showed.

Ta cheif mite give that idea a go,white spirit is similier to injector cleaner,am i right in thinking??

Give it a "Italian tune up" every now & again......i do & im surprised how much smokey/crappy stuff comes out of the exhaust for the first blast or so.

Did that the other nite on the ringroad on the way to Chris,s house ;)

• Like 1