Build Week 8

Well, after being provisional for (ever it seems, order was placed 20th October) several weeks on BW10, then 9 and now 8, I had a call from the dealer yesterday to tell me it was now confirmed BW8.

The dealer is hoping it will arrive in about 3 weeks time, maybe 4.

My spec is:

vRS Diesel Hatch

Race Blue

Gemini Anthracite Wheels

Red Stitching

Standard Cruise Control

Spare Wheel

Mitsumi

I have been pretty calm about it until now but after having to wait since October I am now bloody excited!!!! 

So, who else is confirmed for BW8 and what are you getting?

Ditto - build week 8 ordered 7th November.

Rallye Green hatch vRS TDi

Gemini Anthracites

Black Pack

Canton

Cruise Control

Winter Pack

Sunset Glass

Red Stitching

The number plate surrounds, plate registration retainer and vRS tax disc holder have been sat in my wardrobe for months!  Will have to dust them off before handing to the dealer....  My excitment level has ramped up a few notches since getting the confirmation - I sort of wish the dealer had kept quiet until the car was ready to pick up!

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked the Trackmyskoda site and mine has gone to At Germany Port Released for Shipping

Can't wait now.  Does anybody know how long, on average, cars are at the export port for before being loaded onto a ship?  and can anybody tell me what ship(s) operate between Emden and Grimsby for Skoda?

The current ships travelling between Emden and Grimsby are

Neckar Highway and Schelde Highway

You can even track them across the north sea via http://www.marinetraffic.com/

Mine was built the week before yours and according to SUK (yesterday) was still at Emden awaiting shipping, so waiting times look like 2-4 weeks at present. But, your car could drop on and get sneaked on an earlier crossing. Then the wait for collection at Grimsby before transport to the dealers. BenH22 has kindly posted http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/306150-vrs-delivery-locations/ for vRSes that he is picking up and transporting

P

Edited by Big P

The current ships travelling between Emden and Grimsby are

Neckar Highway and Schelde Highway

You can even track them across the north sea via http://www.marinetraffic.com/

Mine was built the week before yours and according to SUK (yesterday) was still at Emden awaiting shipping, so waiting times look like 2-4 weeks at present. But, your car could drop on and get sneaked on an earlier crossing. Then the wait for collection at Grimsby before transport to the dealers. BenH22 has kindly posted http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/306150-vrs-delivery-locations/ for vRSes that he is picking up and transporting

P

Thanks BigP.  I just got another update from Trackmyskoda and my car is apparently Shiped Heading to UK Port

Fingers crossed yours is on the same ship.

According to the Grimsby port list. 2 ships are due in from Emden today Schelde Highway and EMS Highway.  Not sure if EMS if a Skoda carrier.

spoke to the dealer this morning - they are expecting car towards the end of this week, so that would sort of say that it is now in UK at Grimsby.

Getting a little fed up with waiting now (18 weeks now), although my current vRS is only just over 12 months old, it is the old shape, and looks like a local taxi being white, plus it needs two new tyres, which I don't want to pay for! (Scottish Yorkshire man)

Looking forward to the call - 'Your car has arrived, when do you want to come and collect?'

I'll keep everything crossed for you then.

I knew mine was going to be a long wait as I had asked for a March delivery.  My old car is due to be taxed / MOT'd at the end of the month so it fit in quite nicely.  Funnily enough mine also needs 2 or 3 new tyres and I don't want to pay for them either (accountant man)

• Like 1