factory parking sensors HELP

jmera

So guys my octy has them installed but have never worked, neither has the rear window washer so decided to have a look, only to find the rear washer pipe has split just near the parking sensor control unit and as a result has drenched the unit and is now feckd. The problem is i cant seem to find this part anywhere, any ideas? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.. cheers

It'll be the same as a VW/Audi part I would have thought.  Just depends on whether the connection blocks are the same, although you could just split the loom and resolder the wires to the new module's connector block.  The trouble is, a second-hand unit might have the same damage as yours, as the water leaks from the rear washer pipes coming adrift were very common (mine did and ruined the wiring for the boot lock and boot light, so luckily it just needed the wiring replacing), so I'd get one from something like an Audi saloon (where there's no chance of rear washer pipe leakage, as saloons don't usually have rear wipers).  Audis are also more likely to have parking sensors than Skodas.  If you can have a look at one at your local breakers that'll give you an idea whether it's the same part or not.

Thanks for that :-) and also looks like the previous owner had the problem with rear lights aswell as they are new wires and are connected with spade connectors, shame they didnt fix the actual problem with the washer pipe but hey ho to the scrap yards i go, and just another quick one, what audi model is more likely to have the same unit? Would i be right to assume its the a4 from roughly same year? New to vag from jap so not that clued up tbh lol

The Octavia is basically an Audi A3, but an A4 part is probably the same (and is from a saloon which is better due to them not having washer pipes to leak over everything).  VW Passat might be worth a look for the part too, as it's also a saloon.  Check the price from a main Skoda dealer first, then you'll know if the scrappy is trying to rip you off (it has been known...)  Make sure that you compare the part to yours before you buy.  It probably will be though, as virtually all the parts on the VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda range are interchangeable - it's only the visible parts like switches etc that are different (and even some of those are the same.

If the part's too expensive then you could probably have a set of aftermarket parking sensors fitted by your local car stereo shop for around £200 - £250.

The washer pipe simply slots back together.  You could add a clip of some kind or even duct tape the join.  It splits apart due to the washer fluid freezing, so buy the best (i.e. lowest freezing point) washer fluid you can if ready mixed, if not ready mixed don't over dilute it.  After mine had been repaired it never spilt apart again even through the most frozen days of winter, as I had decent washer fluid.

Let us know how you get on!

Forgot to say, these guys might know if the parts are interchangeable between models.  I got my cruise control kit from them which was a VW part.  They seem to know lots about the parts interchangeability, probably more than a main dealer would.  It might be worth giving them a ring to see if they know and if they can source a part cheaply:  http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/