Thinking of purchasing my second Fabia VRS - Help needed!

KevH90

Hi guys,

It's been a very long time since I have been active on here.  I used to be on this a fair bit when I had my 2005 Fabia VRS... I sold that over 2 years ago now as I didn't need a car then ended up with a BMW 325ci m sport which was great to have but now I'm starting to feel it and so Is my wallet due it always needing fuel and constant maintenance!

This was my previous Fabia;

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/219227-skoda-fabia-vrs-19-tdi-2006-one-previous-owner-fsh/

Which brings me back here.

Great MPG, quick (especially remapped), comfortable enough and fair on insurance and road tax.

Seems for me a pretty sensible road to go down under my circumstances.

I will be looking at getting a new car now and selling the BMW.  I will spend between 4k and 6k absolute max.  Now I've saw some great ones for sale inbetween that price with around 50/60k miles on the clock, FSH, really good condition.. but as I've been away from Skodas for a while can any of you's point me in the right direction even if its telling me that In this day and age spending 6k on a fabia is just redic?

I'd say spending that sort of money on what will be at best a seven year old Skoda that was originally built on tech about another seven years old is indeed ridiculous. But it's your money!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say spending that sort of money on what will be at best a seven year old Skoda that was originally built on tech about another seven years old is indeed ridiculous. But it's your money!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I definitely see your point!  Then there is the option of spending 3-4k say but your talking much higher mileage/wear and tear etc etc.  Which isnt ideal.  I've looked at golf gt tdi as well within that price bracket but again its same era just maybe a bit fresher looking but its not a car i am familiar with

Yeah I definitely see your point!  Then there is the option of spending 3-4k say but your talking much higher mileage/wear and tear etc etc.  Which isnt ideal.  I've looked at golf gt tdi as well within that price bracket but again its same era just maybe a bit fresher looking but its not a car i am familiar with

I don't.  :think:

• Like 1

I've just done similar - got an SE this time and love it. Old tech maybe, massive smiles which not much else in the same class can offer.

Nice one - there seems to be a few of them up for sale.  How much did you splash out for yours?

with your budget i would look out for an SE, or a high spec fabia with xenons/heated seats etc! I came back to a fabia vrs from a supercharged type r as like yourself was feeling the hit on the wallet. 

Worked out for the better in your instance?

Seems like solid advice - may as well seek the best for that kind of money giving that its now 2014.