Swapping door components to new door

Hey guys,

Recently lost an argument with a wall that I reversed down and dented/scratched up the rear passenger door and panels :( In the end I opted to fill and paint the panels myself after getting a quote from local spray places (ouch) and to just swap the door with another.

I bought one from eBay which stated it was the full door and was pictured with glass in, great I thought. It arrived palletised so I stuck it in the garage a few weeks ago until I got around to swapping it. Went to do it today and realised it was literally the door shell and the glass. No runners, mechanisms or anything... D'oh! Think it's too late to make waves with the seller (and I'm pretty unconfrontational) so was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or experience with how straight forward it would be to strip my current door and put it all into the new door?

Any and all input appreciated. WIll attach a photo of the damage in case anyone has any other ideas!

Thanks in advance

Josh

Hi Josh,

Sorry about the damage to your car. Feel gutted for you.

Can't see it being too difficult as the window motor and mechanism is attached to the metal door carrier which is just bolted or riveted on. You might have to drill the pop rivets out if yours has them. Once the carrier is off it's only the locks and stuff to remove.

This thread may help you...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/119359-removing-the-ancillaries-carrier/

• Like 1