Hi could any please help... We bought our Y reg Skoda Fabia last June, when we got it home the power steering light came on and loss of power steering so the salesman we bought it from reluctantly agreed to sort it out, he had a reconditioned pump fitted and the car was fine for a week then the light came back on, been driving it without problem obviously without PAS, had a full service done within a week of having the car, on Saturday the oil/service indicator came on, it flashes on start up but then goes of after a minute or so, then on Sunday the car cut out at traffic lights and when I restarted it the engine management light has come on and has stayed on. Also the electric windows sometimes don't work. Can anybody please advise me what could be the problem.

Modern car electronics are all linked and when one unit fails it can knock surrounding units out of kilter.

From what you describe it seems to me your steering angle sensor is faulty a common problem with these cars l am afraid.

To get you going in the meantime try disconnecting the battery for at least an hour as this resets the ecu and should buy you some time.

Do a search of this forum and there are countless threads on this subject.

Hope this helps.

Colzie64