How to fix front bumper gap

mobz

Hi Guys,

Please see pictures of a gap I have on one side of my front bumper, any ideas on how to fix this?

I have no arch liners or under tray, is this what's causing it?

A dummies guide on how to fix it would be brilliant!

Thankspost-85085-0-10548200-1396092586_thumb.jpgpost-85085-0-60770400-1396092627_thumb.jpg

There are clips which the bumper locates into, they run from the wheel arch to the headlight along the panel gap.

If i were to fix this I would essentially remove the bumper and refit it ensuring the clips locate. Can be a PITA so make sure you have an extra pair of hand to hold the bumper etc while you align it.

Look for a FMIC fitting tutorial and it will probably show you how to remove the front bumper.

IIRC its 3 or 4 plastic rivets underneath along the front, 3 or 4 screws in each wheel arch

then 2 screws in between the headlights, underneath the front grill.

That should loosen it enough to refit it, dont forget you will still have the two fog lights and a sensor in the front bumper which will still be connected to the loom so dont pull the bumper too far out (alternatively unplug said connectors).

• Like 1

Looks like the bumper to wing bracket was on the wrong side, doh! Needed to undo the screw put the plastic up and over the bracket, they screw back up.

Also noticed the bracket was very worn and abused lol, defo seen better days. This is what was preventing a flush fit too.

Local TPS didn't have any spare brackets (£2.50), so replacing that will be next weekend hopefully

Thanks for the help :-D

Guest BigJase88

Yes very easy to sort

The number of ppl this catches out is unreal.

Basically you have to pull the bumper past the fixing tab