front badge removal

When you say the black bit, do you mean the thin layer of adhesive sheeting? If so, then yes, it will have to be removed to allow new double sided adhesive to bond the badge back to the grille.

Or do you mean that the badge itself has come apart? If so, not a lot you can do about it except replace with a new one. If it has come apart it has probably happened because it has delaminated from water ingress.

Mike

Sorted it now just had to be a bit more brutal with it, best way to describe it was the badge came apart in layers it took the thin badging away and left the plastic behind that gives it it's rigidity if that makes sense?

OK, all probably due to water getting into it at some time. Time to go for the new style badge?

Mike

Yeah that's the plan, wasn't 100% on them at first as I'm not really a fan of chrome but their growing on me now.

• 1 month later...

I've removed the chrome surround to spray and tried to remove the badge, it peeled away like a thin tin sheet. Does the black but underneath also come off? Or does that stay on?

Hi, saw your thread and was after some info on removing the grill? I also want the chrome painted.  Was it easy to get off?  Thanks.

Hi, saw your thread and was after some info on removing the grill? I also want the chrome painted.  Was it easy to get off?  Thanks.

Very easy, there's a torx screw in the centre behind the badge. Then a couple of clips all the way around I used a screw driver to suppress the clips but apparently it's easier to use a small socket.

For actual removal of the chrome just carefully sprise with a flat head and they will pop out, the bottom it held on with double sided tape so just warm it up with a hair dryer first. Hope that helps.

A 6mm socket pushed over the back of the clip will release it without damage. Push it all the way down and you'll hear a "click" as the clip is released. :)