VRS complaints (2013+ model)

Why would you do this anyway?

I live in a busy part of London and cold starts/short journeys are common and i spend 99% of the time at 2000rpm poodling around, but outside my house is a busy junction and you do have to pull out relatively quickly otherwise you will be sat there forever causing a backlog behind you.... the council should really do something about that but anyway i digress.

When i mentioned earlier about giving it some beans cold, i was relating to that moment and i didn't shove my foot down at all, rather gently fed the throttle to get the torque.

I take very good care of my car, avoiding speed bumps where possible to save the suspension but i am not shy to use it as intended when the opportunity arises! 

It sounds like getting the car to behave safely within NSL's is rather important,

like when leaving the house which must be a pretty regular thing, and behaving at junctions.

maybe more important than 10% more HP and a good sounding exhaust..

Do you drive wearing Work Boots or the likes, ?

because it should be easy to get the car to leave a junction without dramas

even in the wet or cold.

I was asking earlier about the issues, but not sure if you answered,

it was if these incidents & engine/box behaviours are when in 'D' or 'S' or are you selecting manually?

• Like 1

It sounds like getting the car to behave safely within NSL's is rather important,

like when leaving the house which must be a pretty regular thing, and behaving at junctions.

maybe more important than 10% more HP and a good sounding exhaust..

Do you drive wearing Work Boots or the likes, ?

because it should be easy to get the car to leave a junction without dramas

even in the wet or cold.

I was asking earlier about the issues, but not sure if you answered,

it was if these incidents & engine/box behaviours are when in 'D' or 'S' or are you selecting manually?

Its always in D

I might of made the problem sound worse than it is, its not always like this just sometimes.

another niggling issue is when letting off the throttle to suddenly slow down and then gently feeding the throttle again, it lags with nothing at all.

again it doesn't happen often but it has happened and i can only imagine it being a quirk of the DSG7

I think if it is the quirk of the DSG is down to some quirk of the engine performing.

Best try someone elses, or let someone with a vRS drive yours,

even Stage 1 vRS behave sensibly even with drivers not used to automatics IME.

sharkrider knows how a vRS with TMC box and also a CTHE behaves when running correctly,

and as he said, has given Instruction in them with Learners.

george