Skoda Fabia VRS MK1 caliper bolts

Hello everyone,

I have a Skoda Fabia vrs 2006, I am attempting to change my front brake pads and disks but i have ran into a problem. I am trying to get the pads off but the caliper bolt seems to be stuck. I have tried brute force and some gentle tapping with a hammer to try and free it but i am having no joy. I have read that heating the bolt can work but i am, off course a little worried of damaging anything.

Any advice is welcome on this topic

Thank you

Mike

Remember that the caliper bolts ends almost touch the back of the discs, therefore they'll be very rusty. It's common that you might take the thread with you because of this poor design. If you get stuck let us know, I helicoiled mine after the thread was stripped by undoing the bolt.

Hello everyone,

I have a Skoda Fabia vrs 2006, I am attempting to change my front brake pads and disks but i have ran into a problem. I am trying to get the pads off but the caliper bolt seems to be stuck. I have tried brute force and some gentle tapping with a hammer to try and free it but i am having no joy. I have read that heating the bolt can work but i am, off course a little worried of damaging anything.

Any advice is welcome on this topic

Thank you

Mike

Tried a reasonably long lever/breaker bar? I needed to apply some force to remove the rears. The fronts have bigger bolts.

As said above, leave to soak in penetrant spray. Could be an idea to clean up any crud from around the bolt front/back before spraying on to allow it to work in better. Mine were a bit stiff but manage to get them off with a bit of brute force and a long breaker bar.