Rear window regulator Removal..HELP?

How in gods name do I remove the rear window regulator panel?

I've removed the bolts around the edges, disconnected all wiring, pushed all wiring and grommets through the panel, removed window seals.

I can wiggle the regulator panel around but I can't get it off the door!

I cannot get the window to separate from the regulator, I've tapped the white plastic bush out that you can see through the peep hole.

What must I do to remove the window and also the regulator panel?

I'm actually thinking about chopping bits off the door, I don't want to do this but its really started to annoy me.

I've never tried it; but the factory manual says the two screws either side of the lock (on the edge of the door) need removing (and you don't list those), and that both the lock and the window lifter come out with the carrier.

You might do well to spend the £5 on an hours ERWIN access, which is all you need to download all the manuals .  There are quite a few other bits in that procedure that I don't understand but sound important - talk about straddling pins and dowels etc.

I forgot to mention that I've undone the two screws each side of the lock,

I've now managed to remove the regulator panel, it ended up being the smallest thing that was stopping me from removing the window, i didn't realise that there are two plastic bushes (one within the other). I only removed the inner thinking the outer was part of the plastic piece that the window sits on/in.

• Like 1