Clutch Release bearing +Crank sensor!

Had this knocking on cold idle from 2.0 TFSI vRS Octavia since iv had it, it stops when you put the clutch in, noticeable as the car seems to 'sound' like it runs quieter or smooth ect.

Also the car is really rough and struggles to Start on cold, but has just this week had a full major service.

Battery has been tested, no codes up or anything?

So if read up about the rattle and have seen a post mention either the flywheel?!?!

Or the release bearing and it get debriss on the crank sensor which effects cold starts because the magnets getting weakens? Or the clutch causes debriss one of the two lol?

Any light on this? The cold starts are begin ing to be a pain, it starts, occasion it cuts out before then start right up, and takes a few seconds to wind over rough like a diesel :S

And the noise is noticabke inside the cabin

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cold starts could be:

Hpfp

crank sensor

Temp sensor

Or carbon build up

Read that a lot of them do this.

Just the fast knocking until clutch is pressed down!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have this issue mate its not noisey but the first start up of the day it just keeps turning over, I have to pump the throttle a couple of times this helps start it like it's not getting enough fuel, it idles really low for a second then rises upto around 1600 rpms then steadies out instantly at around 800 rpms