Simple Questions, DQ200 DSG 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch, UK 'Service Campaign.'

Weirdly Gadgetman, ive just bought a new(to me) car and they wont tell me anything either. Waiting for a phone csll back from SUK as they couldnt tell me anything on the phone. Said the number plate wasnt showing as a skoda. Yet it did for the traffic officer who stopped me last night.

There is no UK Recall on the DQ200 7speed Twin Dry Clutch box, only a Service Campaign.

Do you mean you have not been Contacted by a Dealer or Customer Services,?

You might not be, since there is no Recall.

It is down to Owners to ask if nobody tells them.

As to if it is done, ie Mineral Oil replacing Synthetic Oil & a ECU Software update,

if Done it is on the Computer System they run, and the Sticker should be in the Boot Showing it is done.

Edited by goneoffSKi

http://volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/about-us/recall-info

Not just for VW's ,  Skoda, Seat & Audi owners or drivers of cars with the DQ200 need to ask if their vehicle needs the Service Campaign 

Field Action.

VW convinced the DfT / VOSA no Recall was required in the UK because they would do a Service Campaign,

they just failed to publicise it,

They had Articles in UK Motoring Magazines saying 'No Recall Required' in 2012/13,  

Never bothered doing a Press Release saying,  'Call us about the Service Campaign'.

It should not be done on the QT.

Owners / Drivers should be made aware.

Errors appear to be getting made on people asking if their vehicle requires the Field Action and being told not,

which is why i revived the thread.

Volkswagen really need to explain, 

there are vehicles with Mechatronics Control Unit issues that might be from the Synthetic Oil in their DSG still.

In NZ the MCU was replaced as part of the Service Campaign, 

maybe testing of those removed maybe showed this was not necessary, but then if VW do not tell us,

we can not know.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 1 month later...

1. A letter from skoda saying there was a service campaign related to dsg box

2. Was told there could be a "short circuit" caused in the gearbox due to the oil that had been used and they were therefore performing the change free of charge

3.Wouldn't say i have noticed anything different since having it done apart from gear changes seem harsher in "S" mode when gearing down. Then again i can't really remember what it was like before

4. Was given the invoice stating 34f7 "RECALL" <<< not service campaign. No book stamp but sticker under carpet in boot

5. 2010

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...