Hello

pauper

Good evening, or Noswaith Da as we say round here.

My wife and i live on a smallholding in West Wales.  We currently drive a Fiat Panda diesel. We do 12-15,000 miles a year, and we occasionally need to tow a trailer - the Panda can tow 1000kg braked (as our trailer is).  We will need to replace the panda soon, before it is worn out and worth almost nothing, and we want to replace it with something at least as good on fuel economy, and equally able to tow 1 tonne braked.  We wondered if a Skoda of some sort might do? The Panda is ok, but hasn't got much room in the back, I've made a square section tubular steel frame + plywood floor which goes in place of the back seats, but a bigger hatchback or small estate would be more useful to us.  Is there one made by Skoda which will do mid 60's mpg average (not while towing obviously!)?  There isn't much traffic round here, so not much stop-start, and a lot of the annual milage is taken up by trips to the SE of England to visit aged parents.

Anyway, I hope to pick the brains of other forum users in due course!