buying parts from a vw dealer

Hi just wondering if anybody has tried to buy parts from a vw dealer I tried to and they said they don't supply parts for Skoda even though there is a sign saying we service seat and skodas is this just snobbery or am I missing something vw dealer 1 mile away Skoda dealer 25 miles away

Hi just wondering if anybody has tried to buy parts from a vw dealer I tried to and they said they don't supply parts for Skoda even though there is a sign saying we service seat and skodas is this just snobbery or am I missing something vw dealer 1 mile away Skoda dealer 25 miles away

They should still serve you as parts all come in the same box. Have you tried your local TCS?

I did try arguing that point but was meet with a blank stare and sorry we don't do Skoda parts sir I haven't tried TCS but I will get them from Skodapart.co.UK thanx anyway

What they probably meant to say was they don't have access to the Skoda parts database.

If you can give them a part number you'll be fine.

I've given up on my local Skoda dealers, too pricey and part numbers not given out. Fortunately I have a VW dealer who does do Skoda part referencing and is happy to give out part numbers, he can't figure out Skoda's secrecy, it's their loss of business after all.

tbh they are probably just trying to avoid the "does this part fit my car" type question - their catalogue won't have skodas on there so i can see the reluctance.  a lot of people assume you can return anything you dont' want (or you've ordered incorrectly) but in many cases the dealer will be left with this on the shelf and cannot return to VAG, ends up being written off at their cost. 

if you quote a part number though i can't see why they would not supply?

I prefer to order online personally. Due to DSR you get 7 days to return anything. So if you've accidentally ordered the wrong part etc.

Go in and pick-up anything and you've got no right to return.

I still think DSR gives consumers too many rights (I actually pitty the online retailers) but may as well use it if you're not 100% sure on your purchase.