Help with DTC P0413

Hellequin

Hi,

I'm new to vehicle diagnostics so forgive me if I'm asking the obvious but can anyone shed any light on what might be causing  a " P0413 - Switching Valve A circuit open "code to be constantly reoccuring please ? Having read the forums I removed my secondary air pump ((and nothing else )before it fell to pieces and  inserted a resistor and all was well for a few weeks. It then started showing  a CEL  on a regular basis so yesterday I replaced the resistor with a new one but the CEL came up immediately again. On scanning, it showed  the same P0413 code as before,  is there anything else that would trigger this, apart from the obviouly missing air pump ?  All advice gratefully received.

Thanks, was considering that as a last resort. Appreciate the earlier pointer, had a close look and I've discovered that the N112 solenoid had become disconnected so fingers crossed that is the solution. Once again, appreciate the response.