Stupid sat nav.

Just off to the dealers for something else now. Now and again the amundsen won't recognise towns or postcodes so won't let you enter a destination. Normally when you enter a few letters it gives you suggestions. Nothing happens and you can't even press enter. Anyone else had this?

Edited by tigermad

Had the same symptoms when the GPS signal was poor, as soon as in the open it worked ok

It was like it for over an hour though after i pulled out of a multi storey (I was on roof) it still wouldn't work. Does it work whilst moving?

It started working in a very short time (a min or less) I was in a tunnel and tried to add waypoints but without the GPS signal no options came up.

Good luck with your possible fault?

Think i have found out what causes my problem. When hubby drives the car and wants to use the sat nav he will turn the ignition key but not fully on, so the radio works. This is when the sat nav goes crazy. In fact it crashed so bad yesterday that it was trying to come up with the 3 routes and froze. The maxidot showed the direction arrow and said calculating route. We could not get out of it by pressing any button on the steering wheel. So we turned the engine off and locked the doors then unlocked them again. We then turned the ignition fully on and it worked.

Why wouldn't the sat nav work and crash when the ignition is only partly on and why do you have to lock and unlock the doors to reset it. Weird!

Edited by tigermad