Buzz, whirr, grind

guybles

Whilst washing Bob V yesterday, I thought nothing of letting mini-guybles play with the radio. He seemed to be amused with taking a CD in-and-out of the stereo, then switching between that and the music on the PID.

Later on, I discover that the CD player is distinctly unhappy about playing anything: once a CD is inserted, it buzzes, whirrs and eventually spits the CD out with an error message. I rather suspect I have made a huge mistake and forgotten about how much toddler enjoy posting things into convenient slots.

Anyway, I've booked into my local service centre for a look-see, but assuming that nothing can be done, does anyone have any ideas on how the Citigo stereo can be repaired, replaced or otherwise fiddled with? It looks like a potentially expensive monolithic unit to me...

AFAIK, If you replace the radio yourself, you'll need new radio's code.

They are going for ~50GBP at eBay (used ones - ask seller whether he has the code).

You'll need some kind of "extraction tool" which you squeeze thru slots in the radio: (near the middle of the page)

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/diy-sound-upgrade-to-take-up_topic438.html

Then, after you have the radio in your hands, you follow the typical "don't know how to" disassembly line where you remove screws close to the front panel and check whether it goes out.

Just in case...

I'm currently looking for a *broken* citigo radio, for a project... In case you decide to replace yours, i'd be happy to buy the broken one.

/i'm from Israel/

Edited by s3t

Done and dusted: aforementioned mini-guybles had, indeed, shoved  couple of tickets into the slot. Once the service guys had extracted the stereo and gotten my permission to break the warranty seals, it was a quick and easy repair.

Of course, the stereo is now out of warranty...but I spent £50 on labour, rather than £230+VAT for a replacement stereo.

Thanks for the comments.