Really Annoying...

Hi,

I am new to the forum so hi...have already posted in the "newbies" section but thought I would also share a recent annoying experience with my new VRS here (wasn't the Skoda's fault!).

So, I bought an Octavia VRS tsi estate 14 plate 6 weeks ago and decided to upgrade to 19" Xtreme alloys. (the original 18" ones are on sale in the classifieds if you are interested!).  

1 week after changing, I was driving to work down the M1 and a clip that fastens the load on a lorry shot across the road and under my wheel...at first it seemed ok, but moments later the tyre pressure alert came on and I pulled onto the hard shoulder to assess the damage.  Basically the clip had sliced a gash in the wall of the tyre making it unrepairable and taken a chunk out of the brand new alloy!

So, £170 for a new tyre and an alloy that needs a refirb and only had the car for 4 weeks!!!

Hopefully that is my bad luck out of the way for a while!!!

Walking back to my car after only owning it for three weeks I spotted a ding in the centre of the bonnet. After the "I don't bl**dy believe it' moment I finally remembered driving along when I heard a loud bang that made me jump, I presumed a fir cone had hit the roof of the car as it was a windy day. I think I was right about the cone, wrong about the point of impact. Guessing how light the bonnet is and how easy it is to dented it most be made of pretty thin gauge steel.

Not sure if I want to risk using one of the scratch/dent removel company's after reading many horror stories. The paint is unmarked.

Nope...didn't even realise what is was until I was over it...to be honest I think it was kicked up by another passing car...

Other than that, its been great...went from a small car to this and I'm loving the fact I can transport loads of stuff...had 4 mates, and 5 sets of golf clubs in it the other day...all in a days work! 

• Like 1