Poly belt tensioner lubrication

I've just fitted an INA-brand poly belt tensioner to my 1.9D Felicia. I couldn't see anywhere to apply grease to the bearing before fitting.

Are these tensioners packed with grease at the factory or do I need to dismantle it somehow and do my own lubrication?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jie,

It's an automatic tensioner. The manual tells us to use an open-ended spanner (15mm) on the bolt at the cente of the pulley wheel. Turn the spanner anti-clockwise and this will lift the pulley wheel off the belt. Release the spanner and the tensioner spring will force the pulley wheel down onto the belt and tension it automatically. The centre bolt has a reverse thread, so turning anti-clockwise has the effect of tightening the bolt. If you need to remove the bolt, turn it clockwise.

You may need to move the pulley back and forth a few times with the spanner if it hasn't had a new belt recently. The tensioner mechanism can get a bit stiff.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi Call me Ishmael,

Sorry for the late reply. 

I checked your advice and it worked great. 
I have Felicia with A\C kit that made in Israel. 
So it took me forever to find a suitable belt. 

Again, thank you very much.

Jie