Wiper Blade Judder.

leckman

Well,I have the dreaded blade judder on the drivers side,decided to cure the problem by fitting new Bosch blades which has allways worked on other cars when the problem has occurred but not this time.Have cleaned the blade and screen several times with various methods,glass cleaner,white vinegar,neat screen wash etc but to no avail.The blade is not flowing properly across the screen ie the blade is pointing in the direction of the wipe instead of away from the direction of the wipe hence the judder.The blade is nice and flush against the screen,the arm is not damaged in any way so I am at aloss at the moment.

Well,I have the dreaded blade judder on the drivers side,decided to cure the problem by fitting new Bosch blades which has allways worked on other cars when the problem has occurred but not this time.Have cleaned the blade and screen several times with various methods,glass cleaner,white vinegar,neat screen wash etc but to no avail.The blade is not flowing properly across the screen ie the blade is pointing in the direction of the wipe instead of away from the direction of the wipe hence the judder.The blade is nice and flush against the screen,the arm is not damaged in any way so I am at aloss at the moment.

i had that when i got my fabia  vrs few week's ago got some aero one's of ebay about 6 quid fantastic silicone blade's one of the best i have tried ...... 

Edited by biggerian

Going by some posts on the internet some people reckon using Rain X caused the problem for them in the first place,as I say when ever I have had the problem in the past a new set of blades did the trick but not this time.

The blade is not flowing properly across the screen ie the blade is pointing in the direction of the wipe instead of away from the direction of the wipe hence the judder.The blade is nice and flush against the screen,the arm is not damaged in any way so I am at aloss at the moment.

Twist the arm slightly so that the blade points less in the direction of the wipe. AFAIK the blade shouldn't point in either direction, since the wiper works both ways, so try a gentle adjustment to begin with, and add more after a test.

• 1 month later...

Took my car into A Lawries yesterday for its first service and asked them to have a look at the wiper blade judder,they could not find anything amiss apparently.Well,the blade is still juddering away this morning,so I give up.