Scout Haldex Pump

Can anyone help please?

I noticed my Scout was running in 2wd a week or two ago. Some investigation has shown:

Error code 00448 - 011 which apparently means Haldex Precharge pump, open circuit.

The Haldex casing has a good earth, the connectors are intact and not corroded. Cleaned with contact cleaner.

Code reappears almost immediately after clearing.

No other error codes at all.

No ESP light on the dash.

Haldex oil change done 35k ago, so nearly due.

Does this mean I need a new Haldex pump?

Ok,

I finally got round to changing my haldex pump today. Problem is, about 600ml of oil came out of the unit and I only have 275ml (a tube) of oil to go back in.

Does anyone know the true oil capacity of the Haldex gen 2 on a 2008 Scout? Could overfilling at the last change have caused the pump failure?

(And no, I didn't accidentally drain the diff!)

• 2 weeks later...

Right, wanted to wait a couple of days before tempting fate...

I've managed to sort this.

The code did indeed mean failure of the Haldex pre-charge pump. A new one cost £169 and took me about 40 minutes to fit (most of that was propping up the car properly so it didn't fall on me).

The oil change volume for the unit is 720ml so I needed 3 of the tubes of Haldex oil. The fill plug had welded itself tight so I had to pump the oil in via the drain hole with a sealant gun and be quick about getting the plug back in! (Not actually that hard).

Codes cleared and then out for a ride. 4x4 works again and the code hasn't come back. Happy days.

Hopefully this will help someone else.

• Like 1