jabbasport IHI setup anyone running one

Big deano

I HAVE ACCESS TO A LOW MILAGE VF35 TURBO FOR £50 FROM A VERY GOOD FREIND YES THATS £50 HE OWES ME A FAVOUR Just wondering what the benefits over other turbos ?

car comes with everything so thort may aswell fit and get mapped to a safe 270-280 bhp say so I don't need rods

Edited by Big deano

The most durable IHI is the VF22!

My VF22 has a different wheel in it though,1 bar of boost by 3krpm!

They don't melt like they used to,water/meth is a must on IHI turbos. Get R-Tech to map it as they are the best and will make sure the setup is running perfect beforehand ;-)

I love my IHI setup....don't really want to sell it (plug) but it won't work on my 4x4 project!

Another point....

The supporting mods like TIP and intercooler need to be the best flowing you can get to give the turbo every chance of getting the air it needs as easily as possible! Of an IHI has to work hard to suck air in through the intake AND make boost it will get really hot,really quickly!

As with any BT setup you can't do it cheap!

Well the octi has a forge front mount fitted already the car came off here it's an 05 plate with forge front mount miltec decat and piper car back neuspeed induction kit .. Dv relocation kit, oil catch can setup..

Come with the jabba sport manifold ,downpipe inlet set of 440cc Bosch injectors and all lines

All I need to get is the turbo being from a Subaru back ground I know near everything about scooby turbos which is the biggest beast spoil etc but wanted to know which works best on the 1.8t I was thinkin 22 but there hard to come by and expensive like I say I've got access to a low milage vf35 so for the sake of £50 cos of a favour and a map don't want too much bhp as don't want to melt any rods so was thinkin maybe 280/290? Would you say that's about safe enoigh for the standard engine ?

Mine had a forge fmic on it when it first got mapped,it ran out of talent at 300bhp and egt were getting on for 1000deg ;-(

I swapped the fmic for a Wellycooler and fitted an 80mm tip and it went straight to 349bhp with no changes to the mapping and egt now peaks at 865 degrees = no melting hotside! ;-)

FIT A WELLYCOOLER is our advice! They're about £90 on eBay!

Like the IHI setups of old....they were looked at as the poor mans big turbo kit by many,but there's no such thing!

Big turbo = big bills,for getting it right....and for getting it wrong!