Recent Superskoda order

veloplus

I recently ordered a couple of items from Superskoda in the Czech Republic. Despite reading some negative comments about this company, I was pleasantly surprised

when my order arrived within four days of ordering. The Czech courier is GLS, although, the parcel was ultimately delivered by Royal Mail.

The items ordered were a pair of LED Megapower sidelight bulbs and a stainless steel rear bumper protector for the Combi (Estate).

I struggled to remove the existing sidelight bulbs, which have a small black body which is hard to grip tightly enough to extract the body and existing bulb. Fortunately, re-installation is much easier. The LED bulbs are brighter than the original bulbs, but not significantly so. At least they haven't produced a

can bus error.

The bumper protector was bought to hide some existing scratches. Whilst it looks good in the Superskoda photos, in the metal it disappoints to some degree. The finish around the edges is inconsistent, while the two twin adhesive strips on the reverse are mounted to a foam backing. When the protector is applied, there is a gap visible at both ends. I'd have thought this could have been eliminated by using double sided tape without the foam backing. That said, it probably still looks better than the plastic bumper protectors.

When I get a chance, I'll upload photos of both the bulbs and bumper protector. Others can then decide for themselves.

Edited by veloplus

I tried the bumper protector, delivery was fine but I was disappointed with the edges considering the price. No response to emails, so I had to file a Paypal claim to get a response. To be fair they were then pretty quick to resolve the issue - which involved me sending them a photo of the protector bent double and them issuing a full refund (including postage).

Ironically when I bent it back you couldn't see the bend, but I still wasn't happy having it on my car, even though it hadn't cost me a penny.