Turning off Amundsen screen

I've have my Octavia Elegance for a few months now, and there's one thing I've not spotted / figured out yet. That's if there's a way, at the touch of a button to turn off the central screen so the stereo is still on?

I found the energy saving bit in the settings but that turns it off all the time. I find I like the screen on most of the time but on some dark country roads I find the glow from the screen distracting yet don't want to turn the whole unit off.

In my old cars you used to be able to at the touch of a button and so I'm a bit surprised I can't find it on this one. Any ideas?

• Like 1

I don't think there is.

You can turn down the illumination from within the car settings menu but this affects the whole dash. Also not entirely sure this has much of an impact on the LCD brightness.

You can set the Amundsen not to display the clock when off but sadly this does mean the unit is off.