Wrong MFA fuel consumption reading

Hello.

Almost two months ago I became a proud owner of Skoda Octavia 1 pre-facelift (12/2000) 1.9 TDI (81kwh) Elegance trim level.

Since an ex-owner was very clumsy, I have a lot of work to do with fixing small stuff (because it bothers me a lot :D )

One of issues which drives me really crazy is wrong MFA fuel consumption (current and average) reading.

According to my calculations, fuel consumption is double of what is shown on MFA, so what could be the issue? Could it be a sensor fault or something else to check?

Thanx in advance for your polite and helping replies.

• 3 months later...

Hello.

Almost two months ago I became a proud owner of Skoda Octavia 1 pre-facelift (12/2000) 1.9 TDI (81kwh) Elegance trim level.

Since an ex-owner was very clumsy, I have a lot of work to do with fixing small stuff (because it bothers me a lot :D )

One of issues which drives me really crazy is wrong MFA fuel consumption (current and average) reading.

According to my calculations, fuel consumption is double of what is shown on MFA, so what could be the issue? Could it be a sensor fault or something else to check?

Thanx in advance for your polite and helping replies.

No ideas at all? :(

• 3 months later...

FINALLY SOLVED!

I have accidentally solved this MFA wrong fuel consumption reading...

Unfortunately my instrument cluster was miss-coded! It was coded for diesel engines excluding 81kw engine which is found in my car!

I have recoded properly and now it works like a charm!

I used VCDS-lite (activated) and cheap ebay VAG-KKL cable (the blue one).

• Like 2