Interesting guide about 1.4tsi fundamental design problems

Alasdair Stewart.

I watched him on the telly at the weekend from when he worked for Bugatti.

He had an interesting move through the Volkswagen Group Companies in After Sales etc before moving to Skoda UK.

He likes to say how well Skoda UK is doing,

maybe more attention to how poor Customer Services would be a good move.

Have residuals suffered, have yours on a nearly new car.?

They sell rather well, and prices hold up as well as any other Volkswagen Vehicle under £22,000 new in the past 5 years.

Do you want to re-write what happened, or attempt to brush it under the carpet?

As Skoda, VW, Audi & Seat have tried to.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Overall though its doing well and sales are strong. The recent annual car reliability survey had Skoda out performing the rest of the cars in the group.

The oil issue is just small beer in the grand scheme of things i reckon

I just think its time to ease off a bit on the subject George. It comes across like a personal vendetta as you seem intent on keep bumping threads. That's why i suggested a sticky that people can refer to and it would then hopefully allow the board atmosphere to be a little lighter. At the moment that vx chap seem to be falling out about stuff connected with the subject all the time.

I just think its time to move on from the subject

• Like 1

Is it.?   The Cars are Discontinued, and now the Seat Ibiza Cupra is, the new ones will be a 1.8tsi.

All is good for you.   Maybe Small beer to you, £4,000 for an engine when you have a knock back from Skoda is a big deal to many.

Maybe some at the moment having that situation can tell you just how big an issue it is.

All the best if you hold onto your car,

at least the Warranty will be running for you or a future buyer for another 2 years plus.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/alasdair-stewart/27/a4/b4b

EDIT,

Sorry missed post #78

It is not a vendetta, but it is a hobby, boring and thankless, well some thank me,

there are those like you that have their own reasons to dislike the Oil threads, that your self interest 

not any concern for me though.

The Pinned post is at the top of the page. Written by vxh26 who might not have a Skoda, who knows.

No use to some of the the new members that come and PM or Email and have ongoing issues that 

are not possible to put in posts until resolved with Skoda UK and Dealers.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Is it.?   The Cars are Discontinued, and now the Seat Ibiza Cupra is, the new ones will be a 1.8tsi.

All is good for you.   Maybe Small beer to you, £4,000 for an engine when you have a knock back from Skoda is a big deal to many.

Maybe some at the moment having that situation can tell you just how big an issue it is.

All the best if you hold onto your car,

at least the Warranty will be running for you or a future buyer for another 2 years plus.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/alasdair-stewart/27/a4/b4b

EDIT,

Sorry missed post #78

It is not a vendetta, but it is a hobby, boring and thankless, well some thank me,

there are those like you that have their own reasons to dislike the Oil threads, that your self interest 

not any concern for me though.

The Pinned post is at the top of the page. Written by vxh26 who might not have a Skoda, who knows.

No use to some of the the new members that come and PM or Email and have ongoing issues that 

are not possible to put in posts until resolved with Skoda UK and Dealers.

The small beer comment has been quoted out of context George; I was referring to the customer service bit and how it will only be a small ***** in the VAG armour.

The self interest comment - there's no need for that. I don't 'dislike' the threads, its just that there is so many of them they always tend to turn into some sort of argument. I guess I'm labouring the point now and probably coming across as having a major issue with the subject and/or your good self. I don't have a major issue, just more of trying to find a friendly, non confrontational way of making you see how depressing it can be with you going on about it so much and in such a grudge type of way. Its like listening to the wife go on about her day at work as soon as you walk in  :D

Have a little look at the 1.2 TSI issues, and the 2.0 TSI / TFSI.  

It is not just forum stuff.

Skoda/ VW  has dropped down the Survey Results now as the issues gather.

Like in 2013 where Skoda First Register 66,000 cars in the UK and 32,000 were Fabia, the vRS is no big deal.

But then Skoda were small fry, Ford First Registered more than double as many Fiesta as all the Skodas.

They have issues to address with Franchised Dealers and with Skoda UK Customer Services, then they maybe can spin 

on reputations for reliability and value for money, currently they support Fleet Buyers more than Private buyers.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently going through this issue at the mo and i'm sick of it!! Skoda trying anything they can from having to foot any of the bill whatsoever!! I have spoken to two separate people already, both not realising (apparently) that this problem even exists with this model of engine!!!!

Sorry to hear that.

You will no doubt be told the problems are blown out of proportion and that might be by Skoda UK or 

members here that have never had a car with issues,

but as you will see over the past 5 years there have been issues with a fair few of the 1,800 CAVE engine vRS in the UK,

and the 4,000 or so CAVE Twinchargers in the 3 sister cars from VW, Audi & Seat.

(& then from 2012 some CTHE owners as well.)

there is the Pinned Thread up the page, the dozens of threads from 2010 on with the Skoda vRS oil users,

and many on the other Sister Cars in other forums.

good luck with it.

Here are some other Members Experiences.

(also search for a post by vrskeith on are owners being treated consistently)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced

VW Polo Owners not treated any better, in many cases much worse.

'You have to fight for the right to party!'  or just to get the Party that built the Faulty Product to pay up.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/310597-polo-oil-consumption

See post 11 & the members other posts and how he dealt with Skoda UK, successfully as it turned out.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 9 months later...
Guest BigJase88

So basically the engine is a complete lemon. Every person i know who has had one has either ended up with a bust engine or bust gearbox

Shocking from VAG

How many people is that?,  Do you know many that bought them then had the failures?

Plenty here have not, some that have had a CAVE & CTHE engine without issues.

Maybe now 33% of the 1,800 CAVE engines had problems, replaced etc.

Many less CTHE 2012-2014.

• Like 1

So basically the engine is a complete lemon. Every person i know who has had one has either ended up with a bust engine or bust gearbox

Shocking from VAG

Mine is approaching six years old - original engine and gearbox. Engine was built May 2010 and car was first registered 30/09/10. Edited by Brian69

Guest BigJase88

How many people is that?, Do you know many that bought them then had the failures?

Plenty here have not, some that have had a CAVE & CTHE engine without issues.

Maybe now 33% of the 1,800 CAVE engines had problems, replaced etc.

Many less CTHE 2012-2014.

3 out of 3 in my small local town

Guest BigJase88

Is that including your other halfs Golf?

I know towns with 3 failures as well, but then thats how it is, they get fixed and go on again.

Well thats 4 then. Had head gasket changed as was leaking oil into the spark plugs

Gearbox rebuild as 2nd gear synchro went. Then 3 years later 5th gear synchro went.

So sold it after that

• 1 month later...