Fabia 08 Estate tailgate lock failure

dmz

Hi folks,

Lovely electrical problem here that I could do with some help with please [emoji3]

The tailgate lock on my Estate decided to stop working at the most inopportune time (middle of a torrential storm in Scotland lol)

In a nutshell, the soft release on the boot itself doesn't work, nor the remote fob (but indicators flash with fob, so it's getting the request)

I've had the back if the boot off to see what's going on, nothing obvious wrong...no leaks or obvious corrosion on the switch.

Vcds scan didn't show any fault codes related to it, measuring blocks show that the boot switch is working, output tests on the cent electrics don't seem to error on it but the boot doesn't operate.

The boot light comes on if I open it manually with the lever on the lock (no cable release) so it's getting some signal.

Bought a new locking mechanism and tried it out, no change but least I've got a spare now lol.

Here's the odd thing, after reconnecting and wiggling of wires it seems to work a few times then stops, then doesn't work regardless of wiggling. Can't seem to replicate this again now though.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm happy poking around with a multimeter if I know where to put it.

Dmz