MK2 Octavia vRS Hatch soft rear suspension

Has anyone else suffered with soft rear suspension?

My car is a 2007 TDI vRS hatch  with approx. 70k miles on it.

I have noticed for a while when you accelerate hard the back really squats down and thus the traction control kicks in especially in the wet.

I have a removable swan neck tow bar fitted so the fixing for this protrudes slightly from the bottom of the rear bumper and this has caught a few times on severe humps.

I don't really want to lower the car, but there are no heavy duty springs available . Some people have suggested new -35mm H&R springs but I'm a bit concerned that Golf and A3 springs are being sold to suit the Octavia and due to the rear overhang this will not be suitable.

I don't want to fit spring assisters.

Rear shocks appear the be in good order as do the springs with nothing untoward.

Thanks in advance.

A

I had a similar problem with my mk2 vrs which had similar miles to you, I just fitted a set of the -35mm H&R last month, and they're fantastic hasn't dropped the car too much but has cured the soft rear end while retaining most of the comfort, I'm in my late(ish) 30's with a family and this is our main car and there's been no complaints, hope this helps you

Lee

Hi Lee,

that is perfect, just what I was hoping to hear.

My only other question is there appears to be 2 different part numbers for the -35mm springs, the only difference is in front axle weight???

29261-1 upto 1020kg

29261-2 from 1021kg upwards

just wondering which one to go for.

cheers

Edited by AndyBvRS

It's the second number, axle weight is 1100 on mine, it's a petrol but if anything yours will be heavier, if you open the passenger front door the plate is at the bottom on the pillar between the front and rear door