Choice Of Yeti 1.2 Or 1.4 Tsi Or Diesel?

LeeFignon

Hi,

I've decided the Yeti is the car for me. I've got a choice of new Yetis from my local dealership. 1.2 TSI front wheel drive (15,000 Euros) or for an extra 700euros a 1.4 TSI front wheel drive with Start Stop system. Or a range of 2 litre diesels, some front wheel some 4 wheel, all more expensive (two thousand more for front wheel, four thousand more for four wheel drive). Driving a daily city commute, some weekend runs of 100kms, occasional longer holiday drives. Total around 8000 - 10000 kms per year. Not driving off road. Winter tyres for winter months legal requirement here. 

Any advice on the options would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
lee

Had two Yeti TDI 4x4 in the past, however if your doing lower annual miles, city driving and holiday runs, to me anyway the 1.4TSI would probably get my vote. No DPF of DMF to worry about and the 1.4 will have a little more go for longer runs, particularly if your loaded up and in hilly terrain.

TP

Thanks for the advice. I managed to go for a test drive today in it and we went on the motorway doing 130kmph cruising along without any trouble. Seems very powerful. The dealer was saying the 1.4 engine is what Skoda are going to base the new 7 seater Yeti around which is why they are stopping using it in the current Yeti. Don't know how much of that was sales pitch but seems worth the small extra cost compared to the 1.2. Don't think I can justify the extra for the 4x4 diesels.