Coming back to a VRS

Morning, I've had a few Skodas and I'm thinking of coming back.

Seen a nice FL 2010 VRS Octy Petrol with the DSG, approx 70k on the clock, in great nic and with a full history with receipts..

I've never had issues with any of my VRS's but never owned the DSG. Any good. Any issues or are they as reliable as made out. I couldn't find much out on the web lastnight.

I'd like to hear from owners -

Cheer

Si

I have a DSG VRS but with the diesel engine, really happy with mine. I've had autos before but this is my first DSG and its a lot more responsive than a standard auto. I first drove a DSG a few years ago but was a very short test drive and wasn't sure about it but after having one earlier this year as a loan car for a month I was sold on it.

As for reliability I haven't had any issues but not owned it for long. I've read about issues with the DMF and mechatronics (internals) failing but I guess it's like anything, a small percentage will have issues. The DSG needs an oil and filter service every 40k so check there is a record of this in the history.

Wouldn't go back to a manual now. I'd recommend you take it for a test drive but try and get the longest test drive they will allow.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

I have a 59 plate VRS petrol estate with DSG box, and an Audi Q5 S line S-tronic, quite simply I would never drive a manual car again.

The DSG VRS is fantastic and will do anything you want it to do, if you want to use it manually you can, you can use the paddles or put it in sport mode for more sporty drive. In the 5 years I've had mine I bet I've  not used anything other than normal auto on more than 20 occasions.

I've also never kept any car longer than three years and would be keeping my current VRS were I not ordering a new one tomorrow  :clap:  Yes it will be a DSG.

• Like 1

I have a 59 plate petrol DSG VRS, love it to bits gear changes are seamless, someone already mentioned make sure service book shows dsg service at 40000k. I wouldn't go back to a manual and this is the first auto I have driven.