apex lowering springs

RhyssMD

Anyone know if it's alright to run the apex lowering springs on standard vrs dampers?

Not intending on being a long term measure, just can't afford coil overs yet with a map and other bits to pay for!

Thanks in advance!

Guest BigJase88

Yes

My mate has done so for the last 2 years

Ride height is perfect on the apex. Slightly lower than eibachs and not too low

Looks awesome

I have the same on mine apex springs with standard everything else.. it's good for a short term measure but really if you do want a really good ride it's probably better to get dampers too. I haven't experienced new dampers myself but I can tell you that it's sometimes a bit bouncy on springs alone and I have scraped the black tray under the engine a couple of times on country lanes (being playful mind you). But mine has been this way for a year and ultimately it does what I need it to do, which is look ace.

Here's a tip, particularly if you have a cupra splitter like I do, combined with the lower car, it's a good idea to tell whatever garage you take it to to mind how low the front is when taking on the ramps.

Last time I got my tyres changed I came back to a damaged splitter. They replaced and fitted (under my supervision and aid) a brand new one once they realised they couldn't get away with hoping I wouldn't notice.

If you haven't got a splitter, I'd get one, suits the car so much! That and for £20 or less buy an s2000 cone filter, sounds great!

Cheers :)

Cameron

• Like 1