Parrot CK3100

Thinking of fitting a Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth handsfree kit to my Furby. Anyone got an opinion as to how it performs? Reviews seem ok, but prefer unbiased views. :)

It works well - BUT you definitely want a recent firmware, it fixes a fair number of problems.

Also, please check you have a compatible phone, as if you don't, it will be annoying ;)

It integrates well into the car, and I got mine dealer-fitted (just in case).

In my case, I asked the dealer to fit the little display/control unit on one of the blanks within the row of switches above the radio. Easy to replace (& cheap) if you want to sell the car later & move the CK3100. Hope that's of some use :)

I have the 3300 with built in sat nav receiver in my Superb. It works very well with my Ipaq phone and PDA. Agree with previous answer - make sure the dealer flashes the firmware to the latest version (only few weeks old) as that has got rid of a lot of problems. Also check the Parrot website to make sure your phone is compatable.

Where are you in country? I had mine fitted by Justcarkits.co.uk, who are in Slough and cover most of West London. They fit alot of these each week and really know what they are doing. And if anything does go wrong (there was a problem with mine) they really are willing to come out and fix it - Highly recommended

Thanks very much guys. I'm in the North East. Got a fitter sorted and spoke to him today. He wasnt sure what I was on about, (and neither was I!) but he assured me he would speak to the distributor and ensure I have the fully updated version. (heres hoping).

Thanks very much guys. I'm in the North East. Got a fitter sorted and spoke to him today. He wasnt sure what I was on about, (and neither was I!) but he assured me he would speak to the distributor and ensure I have the fully updated version. (heres hoping).

That sounds a bit worrying. Any fitter of this type of gear should know what to do - the instructions are on the Parrot website as is the programme to flash upgrade. All you need is a laptop and bluetooth dongle, get it paired with the Parrot and then run the programme.

Oh.......dont think I did. Thanks PeterC. I think I had better wait and see what he says first. Armed with knowlegde I will know what he should be doing before he starts!!

Oh.......dont think I did. Thanks PeterC. I think I had better wait and see what he says first. Armed with knowlegde I will know what he should be doing before he starts!!

One tip the guy told me - DO NOT touch any buttons on the Parrot while its upgrading. It will tell you when its finished.

Well its installed but keeps disconnecting with the phone (SE k750i). Re connects automatically though but dont think it should be happening. Anyway the fitter is coming back to flash it with the latest software so Iwill let you know what that does. :( Oh and can anyone tell me how to get the downloaded software from my non bluetooth laptop to the unit for updating????

Buy a USB bluetooth dongle - it's probably the cheapest/easiest.

That said if the fitter is going to flash it up to the latest' date=' (s)he should have bluetooth anyway.

Hopefully it will sort out the problem :)[/quote']

The software has been updated now but still keeps disconnecting then re-connecting. Fitter is being more than helpful and is contacting Parrot for advice. Just seen a similar Sony Ericsson system on line too. Wonder if I could break one of those instead?? :rolleyes:

The software has been updated now but still keeps disconnecting then re-connecting. Fitter is being more than helpful and is contacting Parrot for advice. Just seen a similar Sony Ericsson system on line too. Wonder if I could break one of those instead?? :rolleyes:

My K750i (despatched yesterday :thumbup: ) will be twinned with the new SE bluetooth carkit with display thing... Its about

Having trouble fitting mine :(

It has power, it mutes the radio, the ISO is connected to the speakers (didn't use the one to the head unit as I have seperate power to it and the mute is connected to the existing radio mute).

No sound from the speakers. I attached it to a small external speaker and it works fine, but very very quiet even on "full".

Pioneer 6600 HU, front speakers through an amp, rears doing nowt. Have tried connecting the ISO to re-hook-up the rears - music plays through them but when the mute kicks in it kills all sound.

Any ideas?

No idea on that one whatsoever i'm afraid. Full of use arent I? Got the chap to exchange mine for the SE HCB 700. Similar bit of kit with a joystick. Needs seperate lead for it to work with the radio speakers and mute etc. Hopefully that will pair properly with the k750i. :o

Jon, if I've understood how yours is wired up, it won't work!

If you've only got the parrot connected to the ISO speakers bit behind the head unit and your speakers are being fed from an amp which is being fed by RCA phonos....

The parrot's output is plugged into a "dead end".

That sounds a bit worrying. Any fitter of this type of gear should know what to do - the instructions are on the Parrot website as is the programme to flash upgrade. All you need is a laptop and bluetooth dongle, get it paired with the Parrot and then run the programme.

Have you updated the firmware with only a laptop and bluetooth connection to the Parrot ? I was under the impression that the only way was to use the serial cable. Or is it just a marketing attempt to get you to buy the cable?

The only case I have read where a bluetooth connection suffices is when you're upgrading the firmware between two parrot units.

I'm very interested in this as I think my firmware is a bit old but have never been bothered to buy the serial cable (and I'd have to dig the box out from the car dashboard!)

Have you updated the firmware with only a laptop and bluetooth connection to the Parrot ? I was under the impression that the only way was to use the serial cable. Or is it just a marketing attempt to get you to buy the cable?

The only case I have read where a bluetooth connection suffices is when you're upgrading the firmware between two parrot units.

I'm very interested in this as I think my firmware is a bit old but have never been bothered to buy the serial cable (and I'd have to dig the box out from the car dashboard!)

I didn't do it but I watched the fitter do it and he definately used a laptop with bluetooth dongle, which he paired with the Parrot. Never heard of a serial cable for the parrot - where would it plug in to?