New Skoda Owner (come Saturday!)

6stringer

Hi Everyone,

I joined the site as it was very helpful in me deciding to go the way of Skoda. All being well, the following awaits my collection this Saturday (three months pretty much to the day after ordering):

Superb Estate SE 2.0Tdi 140 DSG

Petrol Blue

Trifid Alloys

Panoramic Sunroof

Amundsen Nav/DAB

Multi Device Interface

Heated Front Seats/Windscreen

Sunset Glass

Space Saver Spare Wheel

I've come to this from two late model Mondeos and, previously, Saab 9-5, Audi A6, Vauxhall Omega (way back when!).

I hit upon Skoda because, for the way my car allowance works for my job, the current 0% finance deal (plus money off and 3 services) fitted in very nicely. However, actually sitting in the car and driving a 2012 version really did turn my head because there were elements that reminded me of some of the aspects of my old A6 and it feels like a quality car. Plus the fact, many of my colleagues tread the usual BMW/M-Benz/Audi/Volvo route. The Skoda appeals in the same way that the Citroen BX did for me 20 years ago when I wanted something a bit different.

Any hints/tips/thoughts appreciated. From what I've read/experienced so far, absolutely no reason to doubt that I've made the right decision.

All the best,

Lee (6stringer)

So, a very happy new Skoda owner. It will be getting a 200 mile round trip tomorrow. Love the colour (yet to really see a pic that does it justice) and the SE with a few extras really has given me the car I wanted. Genuine quality inside too and very reminiscent of my Audi and Saabs.

Took a few pictures on the hoof but struggling to get them down to the 1kb size I can upload on to here. Still working on that one!

So, now I've sorted out how to do pictures! Here's a few shot on the way home from the dealership (fairly unexciting Sainsbury's car park was the only option!!) and done on the hoof. Once I've given it a good going over (as I've done 60 miles this week and it's collected the usual fim of muck you can't avoid on the roads) I'll take some better pictures.

Very happy with the car though - really very good.

post-126233-0-36920900-1422475394_thumb.jpg

post-126233-0-23755500-1422475412_thumb.jpg

post-126233-0-92540800-1422475426_thumb.jpg