New bcm

blt

Right boys and girls fitted a new bcm well second hand same part number every thing works except the key fob won't lock the doors or open them any clue or suggestions what I need to do would be great thanks in advance cheers paul

You need VCDS or the dealer tool. Have you had the scanned with VCDS before as really you could do with knowing the coding on the old BCM, so that you check the new one is correctly coded as well as sorting the keys.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

No not got it but my mate has so will I plug old bcm back in and scan it and put new one back in and scan that then match the keys

Cheers

Provided it is exactly the same BCM you can copy and paste the coding from the old BCM onto the new one.

The new one has light cornering on so could I keep that on as well do you think cheers sorry for battering your head lol cheers

You can but as well as an auto scan on the old BCM then I would go through the long coding helper and check what is and isn't activated. Do screenshots of each byte screen, then compare to the new one. If the new BCM can do cornering fogs then the old one should do too.

Cheers for your help it came out of a 1.6 tdi 12plate like mine is basic model so hope so cheers for you quick responceable and help

Do all the numbers match on the new and old ones?