Side mirror folds up too much

Suprc

Hi all.

This morning. - 6 degrees celsius. Snowy as hell. When folding up my side mirrors electronically with button inside the car the right one went to far. Instead of 90° it went like 140°.

Is this common? Has anybody heard of this before? Thanks

Sent by Tapatalk

Yes I have the same issue sometimes when folding in i.e. they pull in too far - is this what you are referring to.  I just fold them in and out again, as above, and they are usually fine.  Never bothered to get it checked out as I don't find it that annoying but obviously something not working with the mechanism as it should.  Must get I looked at next time its in for a service.

As you said guys, it sorted it self out now. Works as before. Must be the ice or something playing with the mechanism. Thanks

Sent by Tapatalk

I had the same problem on my my 2010 and even now at my new 2014. Skoda here in Sweden has not been able to solve this for me....

Do we know how the position is negotiated? Are there any sensors or do the electric motors generate pulses that are sent to the electronics?

Skickat från min GT-I8190 via Tapatalk

Probably pulses from the electronic motors. That would be my bet.

My girlfriend turned the button inside the car while i was outside pushing on the mirror putting on resistance. And it stopped in normal position.

It lacks resistance in some way to stop, and it goes all the way instead until resistance from 'a-pole"

Sent by Tapatalk