Fitting bucket seats

guss84

A few have but unless it's a full on track car you will regret it

Why? I haven't had any in my daily since my mini but they were far and away the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in in a car. Would have another set in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done this. I used a set of mk4 golf seat bases. Cut the seat frame off the runners. Made a square base for the side mounts and welded it all together. Then just bolted the side mounts to the new framework

Here is how I made mine, these are in a MK 4 Golf but I think they are exactly the same.

Get some donor seats and strip them down, remove all the height adjustable bit with an angle grinder and then purchase some 2" x 1" box section, cut the box at 45' for the front corners and weld together square!

Offer this up to the seat base and when square weld them together, fit in the car.

With the side mounts fitted to your bucket seat place the seat in the car and sit in it to get your driving position correct, clamp everything together with some mole grips and remove everything, weld it all together and voila you have sliding bucket seats.

I would also fit harnesses as the normal three point seat belt does not work well with a bucket seat.

FRONT

14036465695_77e8f5c4bf_c.jpg

SIDE

14033274561_d9d10ea484_c.jpg

BACK

14036458295_8aeeeab0ce_c.jpg

At the front a section was cut out of the slide rail, then the back of the seat base onto the tube that goes across, this is sectioned and the box section is welded in.