Octavia 1.9 tdi starting problems

kimba0773

Hi my name is Phil can anyone help with an intermittent problem I have with my 2008 1.9tdi Octavia it will be running fine and starting ok then I will stop and park up for a short time and go to start the car but nothing happens the first time it happened 2 days before Christmas diagnostics showed a faulty cam sensor so I had both sensors replaced and has been working fine since, then last night It happened again and the recovery engineer said diagnostics showed no fault so he sprayed brake cleaner into the air intake and after a couple of false starts it started ok and ran without a problem. After parking up overnight I came out this morning and it started first time.

Does it turn over but just not start?

If so this can signal a dying battery or starter motor.

When the engine is cold there is no threshold for how many RPMs are required however when the engine is warm there is a requirement for the engine to turn over at so many RPMs otherwise no fuel is injected.

If the battery or starter motor are a bit weak they can't turn the engine over fast enough.

Get the battery tested for free somewhere.

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...