Crusie Control retrofit - white wire is on pin 46 and not 14?

Hello,

I am currently fitting a cruise control to my 2001 1.9TDi.

Everything went smoothly until I decided to splice into the ECU wiring instead of using the T11a pin that everyone recommends against.

I have opened up the ECU connector but there is no wire at pin 14.

The only white wire is at pin 46  - is that the one I should use?

Very stuck right now!

Never mind, I checked the wiring diagrams and they all suggest there should be a wire from t11a/ t10b to ECU pin 14, which seems to be missing from my Fabia. Just as well I didnt try to take half the car apart to get to t11a!

I just forced the wire into pin 14 of the connector using a paperclip, which seems to be quite secure and.... it works!

• Like 1

Hi, I would like to ask you what is your ECU engine number, because I have done the installation of the cruise but mine is not working at all although that I have activated it from VCDS.  I was told that my ECU engine might not support cruise control. 

Thanks