VRS Misfiring/Hesitating

I know this topic has been done to death, but after reading through a few threads my VRS now drives even better!

Kept misfiring and jerking on light throttle and gentle acceleration, but fine when pushed a little harder. The problem was also MUCH worse when cold, first thing in a morning.

After taking advice from you guys, i removed and cleaned the throttle-body, replaced the gasket, then swapped the Coolant Temp. Sensor for a new genuine item.

All-in-all, about a 20 minute job and 100% effective, Cheers!

• Like 1

DID THIS mine still feels like it would if wheel bearing was grabbing but drives fine when not accelerating hard and just pulling away steadily? had new intake air temp sensor, maf, lambda's, fuel pump , fuel filter, n75, coolant temp sensor all oe or bosch in maf and lambda case??? seems worse at lower revs?

new seals on injectors too as one was leaking, new gasket on tb and clean as well as re calibrated , no leaks anywhere at all as smoke tested run out of ideas and no codes either?

Maybe a daft question, but mine doesn't have any upgrades whatsoever; you don't think your breather-pipe mod might be messing up the fuelling?

Sounds like your misfire is the other way around to mine, in that its fine under light-loads but starts misbehaving at higher-loading/low revs.

I might be scanning with full VCDS, checking desired and actual readings from Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAF) sensor, but it sounds more like an ignition issue to me.

Have you had reason to change any coil-packs at any point? I had a Leon Cupra-R ('53 plate) doing what you're describing and eventually over time it got steadily worse until it set-off the MIL light, saying "P0301-  Misfire cylinder No.1" as it was the coil-pack slowly dying of death.

Have you had the engine management light (MIL) come on at all, even if it was a few flashes?

I'm tending to agree with the above, seems coils are one of the few things left for you. When one of my coils was slowly giving up it would misfire with a steadyish half throttle acceleration mostly. When the misfire got really bad after a fair while was when the EML came on. Even if you've had new coils I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to have a duff one. It does sound like an ignition issue.

• Like 1

Sunray am havin the exact same problems, mines revo stage 1 with forge recirc valve but had 2 people test in n say thats what to try, Aslo alot of people on vrs owners club seem to be replacin coils, just posted first time today and its about the same thing :( hope its simple fix for us both bro

• Like 1

had coils about 2 years ago plugs made no difference  :( tried everything else new bosch maf made no difference but does seem to be tiny bit lump on tick over every few seconds :( maybe i should try my spare coil across the cylinders see if i can cure it if so then i will put a set in