ICE advice please - Screen/SatNav/DVD/TV required

I'm looking at changing my OEM head unit and have several requirements - I need.

Sat Nav capability

TV tuner ability

DVD ability

CD changer ability

FM Tuner

Needs to be cheap ish so I'm thinking about ebay etc.

Current thoughts are to go with an Alpine unit with the fold out display, these can work with optional modules to achieve the desired configuration.

I like the way the Aline unit folds away to look slightly OEM when parked up, I know you can get the Skoda OEM unit fitted but at

I'm looking at changing my OEM head unit and have several requirements - I need.

Sat Nav capability

TV tuner ability

DVD ability

CD changer ability

FM Tuner

Needs to be cheap ish so I'm thinking about ebay etc.

Current thoughts are to go with an Alpine unit with the fold out display, these can work with optional modules to achieve the desired configuration.

I like the way the Aline unit folds away to look slightly OEM when parked up, I know you can get the Skoda OEM unit fitted but at

Errr why couldnt you put all the MP3's(convert your cd's) that you could ever possibly want onto the computer (never need a cd in the car again!) ???

Plus if you get a wireless adaptor you can wack them straight across to the pc whilst your cars sat in the drive ;)

ok then 150bhp - what price would i be looking at for such a setup? I'd happily build one myself if I knew where to get the parts from.

I could potentially keep the OEM head unit for FM radio too.

If you go for it, go for it fully. Get an FM card for the computer. :D

Biggest

I've done a bit of googling and found a fair bit of info. One issue is I'd like the DVD drive to be up front but there is little space for a pc anywhere but the boot (SWMBO wont allow it in the glovebox).

The touch screens tend to be static rather than fold away though which, could be a problem too.

The touch screens tend to be static rather than fold away though which, could be a problem too.

https://linitx.com/product_info.php?cPath=64&products_id=772&osCsid=e5bc0cec0fe88315168cfa6953a34f86

Dependant on how you're powering the computer, you could get an external drive and wire it up into a custom dash piece, and keep the PC in the boot?

A nice firewire drive would be awesome. Or a newer USB 2.0 drive. We have an old CD-R USB drive at work and it's useless. The newer ones are a lot better.

All adds up though. Thats what I've found. Priced my system up and it's hitting close to a grand and seeing as I'm dropping the HU altogether I'm looking at a couple of amps and a controller on top of that. :thumbdwn:

Hi, I'm looking for something similar and was looking at Pioneer motorised head unit You can add the sat nav to it at an extra cost. there is also Vehicle Dynamics Processor which looks pretty cool. I'm not to bothered about a hard drive as I have an IPAQ with Tom Tom on. Which is better ? the pioneer system or the carputer? where can I get more info on the carputer?