Vrs tfsi performance air filter

Hi guys and gals im thinking of buying a performance panel filter for the vrs tfsi eg pipercross ram air something like that what im wondering does it make much diff in performance sound etc is it a worthy buy

Virtually do nothing over a standard one tbh

£30-40 for a pipercross, or £5 for an OE one, it won't make any difference.

Only way to get an improvement is an induction kit

• Like 1

Well I added a k and n panel filter and as above performance gains were minimal noise has chanced a little but not much

Main reason is not to replace the paper ones every time

I have a carbonspeed intake which DID help

I've got a neuspeed induction kit with heatshield on mine, and that makes quite a noise.

However best one I ever had, was a BMC air filter on my old Lupo GTi, that growled like a tiger! Awesome!

TBH i didnt really want it for noise if it made lots of noise i would just end up flooring it everywhere and cost loads in fuel lol wouldn't mind being able to hear the turbo more tho you could hear the turbo loads on my gt tdi golf but cant hardly hear the vrs one lol

Edited by Smit

I've recently fitted the Pipercross panel filter and found it does allow a little free-er breathing and aid MPG a small amount.

But was your old paper filter visibly dirty or relatively new?