Steering wheel not center?

Been like it since we've had it, with about 9k on the clock.

It's a 1.2 petrol.  I'll try and get a piccy.  In for a service soon, so will enquire about it then.

When I feel down the side, where it goes into the dash fascia, it's center of that.  It's like it's meant to be like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, good, as long as it isn't me.

Unless it's just the ones they're supplying in Northampton, which is where I got mine.

Ex-hire one I realised after buying, which is why it was so cheap I guess).

I don't think there's any way that the steering wheel could be fitted in a slightly offset position by accident, so I'm going with the theory that it's a normal feature of the car. So long as the wheel itself sits straight when you are driving and the car doesn't pull off to one side, you don't need to worry.

On your second point, mine is also an ex-hire car but that doesn't worry me in the slightest. The majority of 12-18 month old cars on the used market are ex-rentals and this is my second such car. I'd be more suspicious if I was looking at a privately owned car of similar vintage in case it was a lemon that had been rejected or part-exed in desperation! To be fair to Progress I did ask the chap if it was an ex-rental and he confirmed straight away that it was.

I've seen a few Rapids around here recently. Are you local to Northampton?