TSI 1.2 2011 Timing Chain issue

Hi,

My 2011 Octavia 1.2 TSI needs a new engine as the timing belt has stretched.

I am in Ireland and I brought it back to the Dealership I bought it from who said that they would apply for some good will from Skoda, they came back with 30%. 

I wasn't happy with that at all as I have really looked after the car and it is only 4 years old with less than 80k km on the clock.

They said that it was up to Skoda and when I rang Skoda they said it was up to the dealership and that there is no problem with that engine.

Does anyone know who is responsible for this and do I just have to suck it up. Is there anywhere I can go? I seem to be going around in circles with them.

Thanks in advance,

Leuler

I'd suggest following up with Skoda (Skoda UK relevant in your area?) again.

First of all, the comment "there's nothing wrong with that engine" suggests to me (by corollary) that they're acknowledging that there IS a problem with other engines (eg 2.0TSI CCZA ...)

Secondly, I'd be disappointed if Skoda really think that any car built in 2011 can be reasonably expected to need a new engine after such a short time period.

When I was talking to Skoda UK about my problem, it was indicated to me that if I was not happy with their response, I could ask to speak to someone more senior than the claims handler I was dealing with.  The implication was that more senior people have authority to give more goodwill.  Basically, I ran out of time & patience with mine, which may have cost me in £.

Thirdly, I think there have been issues with any of the TSi engine range?  Have you read the "sticky" thread at the top of the Octavia II section in full?  I found it extremely informative when I had my engine problem.

Good luck

Thanks guys, I have read so much about problems with the TSI engines from that period but I can't find anything about Skoda admitting there is a problem or recalling. 

I have not dealt with car dealerships previously but they have just given me 1 goodwill offer and will not budge on it. I am finding it very frustrating and really don't want to go down a legal path with them but I find it hard to take that a 4 year old car will need a new engine after such a short period of time. 

I haven't heard of anyone taking legal action in this sort of case.