Hello from Bristol!

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello.  I've got a growing family so we've gone all in and opted to trade in the family Fiesta for a 2012 Superb Elegance Estate. Looking forward to collecting it this weekend after extensive pre-purchase research, much of which was carried out in this fantastic forum.

Looks like the Superb ticks all the right boxes but I'm already idly looking at somehow upgrading the stereo as the general consensus on the Columbus is that it's a bit weak.

Well, collected the car today and pleased overall.  Very composed on the motorway and just a pleasure to drive. Even managed to get the stereo to a reasonable setting after a while and the gadgets are great, especially the Maxidot display.

One issue is the seat and the discomfort (not sure if it could be classified as 'pain') I started to suffer in my right thigh after about 1.5 hours.  I believe there is some kind of mod to bend back a metal bar in the RH bolster and I have asked about this further on another thread as I can't find any more details.

Well I got the trim off the driver's side bolster and bent the bar back a little.  Looks like there's scope to move it further but I'll wait until after my next decent drive.  I might do the same on the passenger side as it seems the electric seat controls constain the bolsters for no reason.

Apart from the seat issues I'm really pleased with the car - suits family life down to the ground and it's easy to drive for both me and my partner.  I coded the seat settings to the two keys today which I think is a great feature for us.

If anyone's interested I posted a short guide on this thread about how to bend the seat:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/347255-superb-ii-narrow-seats/page-2#entry4313774

I really want to like this car because in all other aspects it is perfect for us.  Hoping this will sort the seats out although I won't be undertaking any more long trips for a few weeks yet.

Other aspects of the car I really like are the bluetooth integration - got both our phones connected no problems including for music streaming.  I think the maxidot display and versatility is really smart, too.  It was great to see range of 700 miles at one point on my journey home yesterday - that's a first coming from two petrol cars!