Opening The boot from inside the car when engine running

Hi All,

OK So maybe I’m blind but I cannot see how you can open the boot of the car from inside when the car is running and a passenger wants to get access without switching the ignition off and using the key fob,  Or unlocking all doors an having the passenger manually open the boot.

So is there a way or a button I don’t see that unlocks/opens the boot from inside the car?

It’s a Saloon version Superb from 2014

Thanks for any replies :-)   

The only way is to use the key, and to do that you need to turn the engine off. So no it's not possible to open the boot from inside with the engine running.

The passenger can open the door though by pulling the internal door open lever twice, you don't need to unlock all the doors.

Hi All,

OK So maybe I’m blind but I cannot see how you can open the boot of the car from inside when the car is running and a passenger wants to get access without switching the ignition off and using the key fob, Or unlocking all doors an having the passenger manually open the boot.

So is there a way or a button I don’t see that unlocks/opens the boot from inside the car?

It’s a Saloon version Superb from 2014

Thanks for any replies :-)

Feature Not fitted on the hatch unfortunately which is a shame alright but would be quite difficult with the split hatch system and obviously the reason why it's not fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The passenger can open the door though by pulling the internal door open lever twice, you don't need to unlock all the doors.

The two-pull method is correct for the MkII Octavia, but on the MkII Superb you only need to pull the interior door handle once to open the door.

The need for 2 pulls to open the door was logically a reasonable idea, but it lead to a lot of door handles being broken when passengers who didn't know how to use it kept pulling harder when the door didn't open on the first pull. Using the unlock button on the driver's and passenger's door will allow the boot to be opened on the external button. The passenger doesn't get a lock/unlock button in the current model Seat Leon for some reason while the Octavia II put the switch in the centre of the car so the driver and passenger could reach it.

Edited by psycholist