TomTom 5 SatNav for mobile phones

Goochie

The phone and software can be purchased as separate items. You will also need a Bluetooth GPS receiver if your handset doesnt have an internal GPS device.

The software is installed onto the phone in a similar way to PC software and provides the same functionality of the stand alone TomTom units.

Also handy if you park your car in a large open car park (concert or showground) as you can set a waypoint on the car then use the GPS to guide you back to it.

The phone and software can be purchased as separate items. You will also need a Bluetooth GPS receiver if your handset doesnt have an internal GPS device.

The software is installed onto the phone in a similar way to PC software and provides the same functionality of the stand alone TomTom units.

Also handy if you park your car in a large open car park (concert or showground) as you can set a waypoint on the car then use the GPS to guide you back to it.

Never thought of using it to find my car. Awesome

I've been running this on my Windows-Mobile -equipped Orange C500 (HTC Typhoon rebadge) for a month or so now, and I'm very impressed by its stability.

I've also have access to Tomtom 5 for PDA's, and I'm certain they share the same code as they funtion almost entirely the same. As for bluetooth GPS, I got mine off Ebay, from a seller in New York (Voip City?), cost me

I think sixman is right

All the TomTom programs use the same code for phones PDAs and Go.

I believe that all the maps are the same as well so you can use them on either bit of kit

I think sixman is right

All the TomTom programs use the same code for phones PDAs and Go.

I believe that all the maps are the same as well so you can use them on either bit of kit

They have the same basic codes and obviously look the same. However they are not interchangeable. That is why you have seperate Tom Tom 5 (for PDAs) and Tom Tom Mobile (for smartphones). Although my PDA has a built in phone its Operating System is Windows PPC 2003 which cannot run Tom Tom Mobile. It can and does run TT5.

Does anyone have Tom Tom Mobile on a RS-MMC?

Basically I'd like to know the size of the card you get it on, and how much space is free on the card with the TT software on it.

Obviously I want to be able to install Apps on my phone and store the photos etc. I take but I will only be able to have once card in the phone.

If it's a 128MB card and the software takes up 120MB or something I'd buy a 512MB card and copy the software over, but that will be extra cost I'd need to budget in. So just asking around if anyone knows. Can't find any onfo on the Tom Tom site.

I have a Nokia 7610. Nokia don't do a proper phone holder/charger for it. So I'd need to find a nice holder and wire up a car charger. It's a huge ar5e. I should have stuck with my 6600.

Does anyone know if connecting a hands free kit type mute cable to the phone and stereo will allow the tomtom voice to come through the car speakers?

It may do - depends upon the Kit. It does with my Parrot CK3300, but then that is both a phone kit and sat nav receiver.