Looking for a new skoda

Its been a while since I've posted here but I'm looking to sell my current car and then get a cheap run around for 6 months to a year until the new focus rs comes out which I'm on the waiting list for but my car is about to go out of warranty and just want to get rid of it. I would maybe keep it after I get the focus to use day to day so the focus doesn't get any carpark dings on it.

My max budget is £1500.

What would you guys suggest?

I've seen a 53 plate mk 1 fabia 1.2 classic with just over 29000 miles on the clock for £1500. Its got a full skoda service history to 2010 but the pictures don't show anything beyond that as well as a little rust starting to develop on one of the rear arches.

Theres also an 05 plate mk 1 octavia estate 1.6 petrol classic with 139000 miles on it for £800 with full service history to 102000 miles. From the photos there looks to be a small scuff on the rear bumper but nothing serious.

Any make or models considered except french or italian cars.

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. how much would a 62 plate octavia vrs blackline estate with 40000 miles on it be worth roughly?