Hi Fiesta ST-2 owner soonish to be Octavia vRS owner

DoktorLorenz

Hi, i'm Alex and i'm currently driving a Fiesta ST-2 but have just ordered an Octavia vRS TDI. Some of you will be wondering why i'm purposefully ordering a slower car but basically I want and need a much larger car than my Fezzy. I could have gone down the petrol route but i know i might probably get a bit poorer mpg than what i'm getting at the moment (37.2mpg) and if i'm honest the only time i fully use the power is on my wee road trips thru the twisties. Going to confirm my order tomorrow and make sure i have options i can afford and i want ticked.  Having taken the diesel out for a test drive i'm really very impressed and it doesnt feel that much slower than my ST which did suprise me, also i get the feeling its a car i can live with alot easier like doing Costco runs and being the goto family taxi driver.  Hope to get settled in and ask a few questions with you guys soon.

Alex

• Like 1

Hi Alex,

I have a Mountune Fiesta ST and a diesel VRS Mk3. We got the VRS due to us having two children. It is a really, really nice car. It's obviously not as quick as the a fiesta but it is an awesome car. You won't be disappointed.

However when it comes to my girlfriend and I decided what we want to use in the morning, both of us are reaching for the ST keys. It is an awesome piece of kit.

Tim

Edited by Tim1631

Well there's not a lot wrong with the fiesta and having a fully optioned ST-2 I got a few toys that I haven't optioned yet in the VRS due to cost. Basically I've found I needed a bigger car than I thought I did when I first brought the Fezzy. What give me food for thought was that I saw a lovely white Octavia with black roof and black wheels at Skoda Siedlce Poland and thought that's a great looking car. Im looking at candy white or race blue and I'm not sure which yet.

I hope you don't mind me asking but what's your avg mpg'd on both the ST and VRS

ST around 30/32 VRS is around late 40s into early mid 50s although I do have quite a heavy foot. My girlfriend gets better mpg.

So at 12,500 with fuel counter having never been reset at 37.2mpg i really must drive like a girl then PMSL ;)

A lot of the FSTOC memebers have said that mountune mp215 actually seems to marginally improve fuel economy although most of us are alway using Super unleaded of course (was told a long time ago that anything above 170bhp and especially higher power turbo'd engines need a higher octane fuel).

It not like i haven't done some spirited driving honestly, I did most of the North Coast 500 before it was called NC500 and had great holiday in North Wales with spirited driving when possible. Also having Kilsyth Hills right on my doorstep i have quite alot of utterly fantastic roads here in Scotland within a 2hr drive of my home that i enjoy alot.

I wish i could keep both cars but with mileage gf does she needs a boring diesel and i decided i wanted a practical and fun diesel because well why not, i loved the Mk1 Octavia vRS wasn't as keen on Mk2 but having seen a white Mk3 at Skoda Siedlce, Poland it made think again and now i'm just about to place the order proper.  This is why i don't get some folks attitude to badge snobbery on skoda and yet happily buy a seat or pay for a VW/Audi prices any yet these cars all share common platforms/running etc. Still it will be my first skoda i've driven since i learnt to drive in a Favorit way back in early 1994

Haha yeah you must do. I have a full Milltek turbo back de catted exhaust on my ST too, sounds lovely I do love my Fast Fords. Debating the new RS next year. You won't be disappointed with the Octavia matey. Just understand its a differnt type of motor. I know what you mean about the badge snobbery. Good luck with the VRS!